Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm the Birthday Girl!!!

Hi!  It's me, Abigail - the one year old.  I had my first birthday last week, can you believe it?  I'd been looking forward to the big day my whole life (literally) and it definitely lived up to all the hype.


I got to have THREE birthday celebrations and think my parents should carry on that tradition in the years to come.  Three times the birthday party equals three times the CAKE!!!  I'll tell you all about them.  

The first party was with the Hunsberger family at Uncle Christopher and Aunt Jennifer's house the Saturday before my birthday.  It was a really pretty day and we got to play outside for a while before enjoying hamburgers, presents and cake!

Aunt Jenn made these awesome cakes for me and the rest of the family.  They were so cute and tasted just as great too!

I had to share the spotlight with my parents for the day because we coupled the birthday party with a going away party - remember we just moved...more to come on that in a minute. 


After lunch I kicked back and started ripping into the presents.  It was so much fun and the cards attached to the gifts were my favorite part.  

After presents, it was time for cake.  I have no idea what is coming in the picture above.  

I LOVED my cake.  Seriously, I loved it - I actually put it up on my shoulder and "loved on it" like I do my baby dolls.  


So who gets the pleasure of cleaning me up?

Here's the whole group at the party. 

What a fun day!

Birthday parties are so tiring.  It is a lot of work being the center of attention.  


On my actual birthday (November 24th in case you need to mark it on your calendar for next year) my Mommy and Nana had the nerve to take me to see my doctor first thing in the morning.  I got a great report from Dr. Smith and weighed in at 19 pounds 11 ounces and was 30 1/4 inches long.  I had to get three shots on my birthday and was not happy about any part of the visit.  I don't think those doctors and nurses will forget me after the screaming I did.  Mommy and Daddy made it up to me by having a birthday celebration that night with Coach, Nana and Aunt B.  Here are just a couple of pictures of the cake I got to "eat" that night. 



My third and final birthday celebration happened the day after my birthday.  The whole Gladney family was together for Thanksgiving (see my Mom's explanation of Thanksgiving in the post below) and we partied with cake and presents AGAIN!  One of Aunt B's friends from school made the yummy cakes.  Thanks Nurse!  



Once again I enjoyed getting cake all over my hands and face.  Next, it was time for presents. 

I had so much fun opening gifts and am so thankful for all of my pretty new things.  



Here I am "kissing" my new baby doll.  I love my baby.  

Well, in the past week my address has changed.  Me, Mommy and Daddy are living with Coach and Nana for a little bit while we wait for my house in Birmingham to sell (put that on your prayer list please).  Thanks for my room Coach and Nana.  Hopefully Daddy won't over stay his welcome cause I know me and Mommy won't!

Due to my increasingly busy schedule (now that I am a one year old), I will no longer be posting my monthly update with frog/chair pictures.  I am just too busy walking all over the place, eating table foods, and jabbering up a storm to whoever will listen.  I told Mommy this was her last frog/chair picture until my next birthday.  However, don't be sad, I will still be writing feature posts from time to time as I see fit.  

I am getting excited about Christmas coming and think I will enjoy it this year a little more than I did last year as a four week old.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  

Love,
Abigail 

No comments: