Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter 2011

I know Easter was weeks ago, but I am playing catch up. We had a great Easter weekend and Luke and I were able to go to church for the first time since he was born. God blessed us with a small miracle in that I was able to get Abigail, Luke and I ready for church Sunday morning by myself and made it to Sunday school and worship on time! It was such a blessing to be back in worship to celebrate the resurrection! The weekend also included an egg hunt at church, GG's birthday, and a wonderful lunch on Sunday with a lot of our extended Mississippi family. Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

The egg hunt at church included learning the Easter story through opening a series of eggs with various teaching tools inside. Here is Abigail opening the last egg of the story when they look in the tomb to find...

...it is empty! Jesus has risen!
At the egg hunt, Abigail picked up two eggs and promptly said, "I'm done." We encouraged her to pick up just a few more and not quit just yet. I think she was ready to get to the candy inside the eggs.


Here is diva Abigail ready to head to church Sunday morning with her shades, purse, and keys in hand.
Our first Easter as a family of four! (Don't be fooled, Abigail was being bribed with Easter candy corn to take this picture.)

No comments: