Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Luke is 1!

Luke - 1 Year Old!
March 10th

Woohoo! I am one! My first birthday rolled around a few weeks ago and I finally got to see what all of the birthday hype was about. It was fun being the center of attention for the day (my sister usually claims that spot). Here are some pictures from my big day:


Mom seemed happy to have survived my first year!

I rode the carousel for the first time (not impressed as you can see on my face).

Later in the evening, we had some friends over for pizza and cake. Check out my cool cake!
And my very own smash cake.
Turns out, I didn't care a bit about the smash cake. Everybody was staring at me saying something about "digging in" but I just wasn't feeling it. Mom was recording the whole thing but it is too boring to even show you. I put my finger in the cake one time and was done. Talk about overrated. This next face sums up my feelings on the matter of the smash cake.

I did have fun with the presents though and loved getting some "boy" things to play with around the house.





Hitting the one year mark turned out to be pretty cool and I am enjoying my new found maturity. I weigh 20lbs 12oz and made it a whole year without cutting any teeth (pretty impressive I think). I like to play peek-a-boo, clap my hands, play with balls, chase my sister, and swing outside.
My newest interest almost gave Mom a heart attack the other day. She walked through the playroom and found me like this:
Up on top of the play table eating my Cheerios. I figured out how to climb up the chairs and chill out up there. It must not be that big of a deal because Mom grabbed her camera to snap a picture before she made me get down. It stinks because now she moves the chairs away from the table when I am playing in there.

That concludes my monthly updates! Now that I am one I will probably be too busy to maintain the blog, so I'll be turning it back over to Mom. I'll try to remind her to keep you posted on what's happening with me.
Signing out,
Luke

No comments: