Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

6 Months!



Hi, Abigail here.  Time again for my monthly update.  Mommy says I'm six months old now.  I prefer half a year old, but regardless, I'm practically a big girl.  I went to the doctor today and he said I look great!  Well, duh, I knew that but I guess Mommy and Daddy like to hear it from him.  I am 15 pounds and measure 25 1/4 inches.  That doctor's office is crazy if you ask me.  In this visit alone they pricked my big toe, took a tee tee sample, made me drink some sticky medicine, and gave me four more shots.  I let Dr. Smith know that I did not appreciate it all when he was trying to examine me.  Hopefully I won't have to go back there for another three months.

I am really beginning to enjoy eating foods.  My favorites are the vegetables.  I don't particularly care for the fruits Mommy has given me.  Mommy says that surprises her because she has a huge sweet tooth and Daddy still doesn't eat as many vegetables as me.  They aren't sure where I got my eating habits, but hope it will last.  Today Dr. Smith told Mommy she could "throw the kitchen sink at me" in regards to foods.  I am not sure what that means but it doesn't sound like fun.  I'll let you know if they really start throwing it at me.   

In a new development, I am no longer sleeping in my car seat.  Mommy and Daddy decided it was time to switch to sleeping in my bed without even asking me.  They said I needed to drop it "cold turkey," whatever that means.  All I know is one night I was in my car seat, and the next I was in the crib.  I made them pay for that decision a few nights, and am still giving them grief about it at nap times.  That will teach them to make such big decisions without consulting me.  



I am working hard on my sitting up trick.  Mommy makes me practice every day and I can last a good 15 to 20 seconds on my own before I fall over.  I'm getting better though, and if practice makes perfect, I'll keep at it.  

Uncle Christopher and Aunt Jennifer passed along the exersaucer to me and I am really enjoying it.  My favorite parts are the spinner things you see me playing with in the picture below and that big sunshine that rattles.  Mommy likes it too because it can keep me occupied while she does stuff around the house.  I make sure she doesn't go too far though.  I wouldn't want her getting used to having her hands free.  

Thanks for checking in on me.  I'll make sure Mommy and Daddy keep you updated between now and my next post.  

1 comment:

HB said...

Your comment cracked me up. I enjoyed getting to see you two so much Saturday. I went back and told my whole family how cute Abigail is and how she has the prettiest blue eyes.

Take care.